- postScriptum: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Literary Studies ISSN: 2456-7507 is a bi-annual journal, published in the months of January and July every year.
- Submissions should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or to email@example.com . Any other mode of submission will NOT be accepted. (please do not send submissions or queries to the emails of the editor or the publisher)
- Popular or research articles (between 4000-7000 words), book or film/media reviews (between 2000-3000 words) may be submitted for publication.
- Submitted article/review MUST be original and unpublished. Submission will imply that it is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Articles/Reviews are to be typewritten in Times New Roman, 12, double spaced with 1″ margin on all sides, in .doc/.docx format.
- Stylesheet and citation pattern should comply with MLA 7th or 8th Edition format.
- Citation MUST be prepared manually and NOT by using MS Office Word’s mechanism. May preferably have footnotes, instead of endnotes, if needed.
- A separate cover page should include the author’s name, designation, an abstract of 250-300 words with a maximum of 5 keywords and a short bio-note of 50-100 words.
- The main article should not in any way contain the author’s name. Otherwise the article will NOT be considered.
- The contributors are responsible for obtaining permission to reproduce any material, including photographs and illustrations for which they do not hold copyright.
NO Article Processing Charges (APC), Article Submission Charges & Publication Charges
There is no Article Processing Charges (APC), Article Submission Charges and Publication Charges for postScriptum. We do not accept any fee at any stage of publication nor do we pay the authors for their contributions.
postScriptum is funded only by Sarat Centenary College and does not receive any kind of sponsorship.
All academic and research articles submitted for publication in postScriptum are subject to editorial review and Single Blind Peer Review. Editorial review reserves the right to reject a paper without sending for peer review if submission guidelines are grossly neglected.
Identities of the authors and the reviewers are strictly kept concealed in compliance with the blind peer review policy. After receiving review report, the author of the article is informed about the status of the article along with the review report and reviewer’s comment(s).
Popular articles, book, film/media reviews are subject to editorial review only.
In all cases the author of an article is informed through e-Mail. We consider that information about the status of article submitted for publication is a right of the authors.
In general it takes at least six to eight weeks from the deadline of submission to receive peer review report. However, we do not rush our reviewers. Our esteemed peers are also engaged with their primary responsibilities at their respective institutions. It should be noted that the journal cannot take into consideration an author’s personal research or academic career deadlines. We do not have anything called express publication.
Our esteemed peers are requested to consider the following points for ensuring a transparent blind peer review process:
- Please do not rename the .doc/.docx file you receive from us.
- Please put only Review Comments to record your opinions/suggestions. If you are using MS Office Word to open/read/edit the .doc/.docx file then follow this path: select the portion of text where comment is required → Review → New Comment → write your comment inside the comment balloon that appears.
- Please ensure anonymity while putting comments. To make your comments anonymous in MS Office Word, please follow this path: MS Office Home (by clicking the round button at the top corner, near Home)→ Word Options → Popular → Personalize your copy of Microsoft Office → Write your new User name and Initials (ex. Anonymous/Anon or Peer Reviewer/PR).
- Please fill in all the sections of the Peer Review Report form and also explain the reason in support of your recommendation.
- Please inform us immediately in case of: (i) disclosure of author’s identity (ii) detection of plagiarism.
- We do not charge money at any stage of publication.
- We do not pay authors for their submissions.
- Our peer reviewers are generous enough to lend their service and do not charge us any fee.
- To eliminate any conflict of interest no member associated with the publication or editorial process of postScriptum is eligible for submitting any article that may be subject to blind peer review.
- We do not entertain recommendations for publication from anyone outside our Editorial/Advisory Board. Please refrain from dropping name(s) of eminent acquaintance(s) as reference(s) in submission email.
- Submissions made after any CFP deadline is considered as out of turn submissions. Such submissions may be rejected solely on the ground of being out of turn.
- All articles submitted for publication are checked for plagiarism before publication. However, if any case of plagiarism is reported to us with documentary evidence(s) after publication, the article concerned is to be withdrawn after a verification review.
- We expect the authors to acquaint themselves with the international ethical standards for publication, available here.
Source: Wager E & Kleinert S (2011) Responsible research publication: international standards for authors. A position statement developed at the 2nd World Conference on Research Integrity, Singapore, July 22-24, 2010. Chapter 50 in: Mayer T & Steneck N (eds) Promoting Research Integrity in a Global Environment. Imperial College Press / World Scientific Publishing, Singapore (pp 309-16). (ISBN 978-981-4340-97-7)
Licensing, Copyright and Open Access Policy
All articles published and archived in postScriptum are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC-BY-NC-SA).
Submission of an article implies that its author authorises the editor of postScriptum for peer review, editorial review, necessary modification and subsequent publication and archiving or rejection (on proper grounds) of the article.
The copyrights of the articles published in the open issues (i.e. issues without any focal theme/topic) of postScriptum remain with the respective authors. The process of of transfer of copyright from the author to the editor (only in case of special issues having focal theme/topic) are to be detailed in the CFP of the respective special issue.
postScriptum is an online, open access journal. No password or fee is required to access any content available in postscriptum.co.in
We support the ‘Delhi Declaration on Open Access’ which can be viewed here
Archiving & Indexing
All publications at postScriptum receive Digital Object Identifier (DOI) badges. These publications are indexed by OpenAIRE, a network of Open Access repositories, archives and journals that support Open Access policies, and are also deposited at zenodo, a research data repository which was created by OpenAIRE and CERN. Apart from these the previous issues of postScriptum are regularly archived at http://postscriptum.co.in/archive
Publication and Call For Papers (CFP) Schedule
postScriptum is a biannual (two issues per calendar year) journal, published in the months of January and July. Each issue contains a regular section of six or more research or academic articles (peer reviewed) and irregular sections having popular/invited/special articles and book/film/media reviews.
The CFP for January issue is generally issued with the publication of the July issue with a deadline of one month from the date of issue.
The CFP for July issue is generally issued with the publication of the January issue with a deadline of one month from the date of issue.
- postScriptum is a publication of the Department of English of Sarat Centenary College <https://sccollegednk.ac.in>, Dhaniakhali, Hooghly, WB, India, PIN: 712302.
- Information about this e-journal is available on the official website of Sarat Centenary College.
- Neither the editors nor the members of the Editorial/Advisory Board will be in any way responsible for the opinions of the contributors as expressed in their articles.
- The decision of the reviewers regarding acceptance/rejection of any submitted article would be final and any grievance in this regard will NOT be entertained.